What is a container depot? To answer this question, we will take a look at one of our projects currently underway. Our partnership with CMA CGM has led us to open a brand new container depot and warehouse in Durban, South Africa.
This warehouse has 5000m2 of storage space available on a 40 000m2 yard! Not only is this space for warehousing but it boasts one of Durban’s largest container depots.
More information about our CCIS facility:
- Joint venture with CMA CGM
- Third-party relationships in place
- Seamaster ocean capacity agreement
- 40 000m² yard
- 5 000m² bonded warehouse
- UBS approved
- International Trading House approved
- Storage capacity of over 6 000 TEUs
- 80 reefer plug points
- One of the largest container depots in Durban
- Active rail siding
- 2x reach stacker/2x empty lift/4x forklift for ICD
Depots play a significant role in the shipping business. It’s like a home to millions of containers from across the world. Container depots provide safe and secure storage space for your containers. And also help in the transportation of the goods within the area.
Seamaster Maritime & Logistics has seen the need for this opportunity and developed the perfect solution for importers and exporters in and around Durban, South Africa.
If you are interested in warehousing or in using the container depots, feel free to contact us here